Read by 50,000 entrepreneurs monthly, Bootstrapping Ecommerce has established itself as the go-to blog for new ecommerce entrepreneurs looking for practical advice and expertise.
Bootstrapping Ecommerce accepts a limited number of guest post contributions. If you believe you can provide comprehensive, superior, practical and actionable information, please read on.
Why Guest Blog for Bootstrapping Ecommerce?
Writing for Bootstrapping Ecommerce gives you the opportunity to share your knowledge, experience, and expertise with passionate ecommerce entrepreneurs that are in the process of building, launching, and growing their online business. All guest posts will be shared through the various social sites of Bootstrapping Ecommerce and are promoted ongoing. Along with gaining exposure you will you will also be building your authority as a thought leader in ecommerce and you’ll also receive a valuable backlink back to your own website, blog or business.
Bootstrapping Ecommerce currently serves approximately 50,000 ecommerce entrepreneurs monthly.
Our content helps entrepreneurs through all stages of building, launching, and growing their ecommerce business. In particular, the following categories are covered on the blog:
- Product & Niche Selection
- Sourcing Suppliers
- Branding & Design
- Getting Traffic
- Conversion Optimization
- Shipping & Fulfillment
- Operations & Customer Service
- Strategy & Analytics
- Accounting, Finance & Legal
- Interviews & Inspiration
- Personal Development
Guest Post Quality Guidelines
Readers of Bootstrapping Ecommerce expect high quality, well-researched, insanely actionable information. Guest posts should give the reader as many tips, ideas, links and resources as possible.
Typically, we find that the more resource and multimedia-rich the blog post is, the more it’s commented on and shared. This means that images, videos and anything else that enriches the content, and the ability to understand the information in the post is encouraged and welcomed.
The requirements for guest posting on Bootstrapping Ecommerce are as follows:
- The content must be well researched, resourceful, actionable and engaging
- The topic must be relevant to ecommerce and entrepreneurship
- The post must be a minimum of 1500 words
- The post must be submitted in Google Doc format only
- Proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is imperative
- You may include one contextual link to your website/tool/product/service/resource within the post itself
- You will also receive one link to your website/tool/product/service/resource in the byline of your article
- All content must be exclusive to Bootstrapping Ecommerce
- You must include your own byline and author photo within the guest post
- Where possible enhance the post with images, embedded videos or other relevant and engaging media
- Please note that all images must be original or appropriately cited
- All content will be run through Copyscape to verify originality
- Heavily promotional posts any website/tool/product/service/resource may be subject to a posting fee
- Sponsored posts will be clearly labeled as such to maintain transparency with our audience and will include no-follow links as per Google guidelines.
- Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in the rejection or removal of the guest post from Bootstrapping Ecommerce
- We reserve the right to approve/reject or edit content and links as we see fit
- You will receive a byline at the bottom of the post with one link to a relevant property of your choice. You are allowed a maximum of one additional contextual link back to your own properties within the body of the post.
- We reserve the right to edit links and content.
- All content must be original with relevant sources cited.
- Content must be exclusive to Bootstrapping Ecommerce and cannot be re-posted, or syndicated elsewhere.
We charge a flat fee of $100 for all guest posts. This fee includes the costs associated with producing a custom illustration and the time for our team to edit, format and post your guest post. Once your post is submitted and approved, you’ll be sent a link to make payment. Payments are processed through Stripe and you can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Who Do We Accept Guest Posts From?
Please note that we only accept guest blog posts from well-established industry professionals/companies. We do not accept submissions from freelance writers, or others that are not deeply involved and connected to the ecommerce community.
How to Submit a Guest Post
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, please make sure you’ve read the guidelines above before submitting your guest post.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in submitting a post for consideration, please write an outline of your blog post and email it, as well as any other examples of your writing through our contact page.
To increase your chances of being accepted, please submit your full post.
Your submission will be reviewed within five business days and you’ll be notified by email on the decision.